Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sat. Nov. 2nd Kroger/Meijer run

Today's run was Meijers (not impressive) then to Krogers. I did get Huggie's wipes for .39 for an 80 count box at Meijers. As I was headed to the baby dept I noticed a display that looked like it was left over but it still had some store coupons left on it for $1 off Huggies wipes. I grabbed one but noticed on the bottom it said not to be used with any other discount coupon. I figured what the hey I would try it anyways! At checkout I did the Meijer store coupon first on the wipes then an additional manufacturer for .50 which doubled! Whoo hoo it worked!

Meijers run:
Chuck roads 2.79lb/4.88 (red meat in this house is a treat and this wasn't too bad of a buy)
Western Style ribs 1.19lb/3.36
2 cans mushrooms .60/1.20
1 Huggies wipes 2.39
I used the 2 coupons for Huggies at 2.00 off
Total: 12.66
Savings: 2.78
Out of pocket: 9.88


Krogers. We do try to avoid boxed food as much as possible but there are times the convenience is just needed.
3 boxes Hamburger Helper
9 boxes Betty Crocker Instant potatoes
1 Quaker Quick Oats
10 Halloween decorations reduced (these were supposed to be marked down to .20 each)
1 dozen eggs
1 Jumbo pack Huggies Pull Ups
1 Kroger coffee creamer

Used the following coupons:
9/.35 Betty Crocker (These had the HH peelies for free boxes!)
3/FREE boxes Hamburger Helper w/purchase of the 9 boxes.
1/1.50 Pampers
1/.75 Quaker
1/.50 P&G eSaver coupon on Kroger card
$5.00 off automatically for Mega Event

And 7 of the 10 Halloween decorations rang up wrong so I got back $8.40 when I went to customer service to bring it to their attention. The clerk checked it out and just refunded the entire amount back for what rang up wrong!

Total Shelf: $69.15
Total Savings: $53.38
Total out of pocket: $15.77

No comments:

Post a Comment