Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Kroger 2-17-09

The sales at Kroger's just haven't impressed me much lately. I've made a few good deals but nothing that drove me to blog about it. HOWEVER, yesterday I had to run in and get coffee which of course I forgot I needed last week when CVS had their deal. We squeaked through yesterday but would have been out this morning and that is a very scary picture. Anyways I started with the usual run around the back end of the store to check for close outs. Man am I glad I did! Got some great deals on pork and poultry. I have my list below. Not too bad if I do say so myself.

1 small bottle of Sweet Oil (Sarah is an ear wax factory!) 1.11
1 loaf Bunny Bread 1.25
1 box Celestial Green Tea $3.05 (this coupon came from emailing the company and telling them I like their product)
1 Budding Ham 2.19
1 Nature Made Vitamin E 3.69
1 Kroger Coffee 2.99
1 Big bundle of bananas .38lb/1.69 (marked down, time for a pudding!)
1 Smithfield pork tenderloin 4.04 (reduced)
1 Smithfield pork tenderloin 3.62 (reduced)
3.43lbs beef grinds .99lb/3.40 (reduced)
1 Perdue Fryer 3.17
1 Perdue Fryer 1.83 (there is no way this was a full grown chicken! Smallest thing I have ever seen but I only wanted to spend $5 on poultry because of the $2 coupon I had) I plan on throwing it in a pot of chicken and dumplings with other chicken!
Coupons I used:
$2 off poultry
2 $1/1 Smithfield pork product
1 Celestial Free $3.05
1 .40/1 Kroger coffee
1 $1/1 Nature Made Vitamin
1 $1/1 Budding Ham
Total Shelf Price before reductions and coupons:$63.81
MGF Coupon Savings: $7.05
Kroger Plus Savings: $34.01
Total Savings: $41.06
Total out of pocket: $22.75

It definitely pays to check the usual suspect areas for reduced pricing!

No comments:

Post a Comment