Thursday, January 1, 2009

Preparations for 2009

Now mind you I am one of the most disorganized people you will meet. I can sit down at a perfectly neat desk and within seconds it will look like a bomb went off! That's one thing that makes couponing so challenging but hey I most certainly haven't given up yet! I feel like a newbie I was pretty darned successful this year even if I am a work in progress!

Below are some suggestions in my feeble attempt of organizing life!

1. If you haven't done so yet I recommend utilizing the next few days getting things in order for couponing and saving this year. Go through your coupon books and pull all the expired out. I try to do this every Sun. morning before opening the paper but the past couple of weeks have been crazy. Between the families personal stock and Club Coupon I think we could have started a bon fire!
2. Check expiration dates on dry goods, frozen foods and the obvious. I don't care who you are you can get cans mixed up and pushed to the back. If by chance you do come across some and your concerned you won't be able to utilize them don't forget about your local food bank. They have been depleted greatly this year and can continue to use our help!
3. Regarding household stockpiles. If you have found you are running out of room for items it's time to rotate the shelves for sure! For those items you need to clear out check out local charities. Personally I use a local women's shelter. These items can still be counted to tax deductions as well. I will post more about this later but be SURE to get a receipt from the charity you donate to. Any of them will be glad to give you one but you usually have to request it.
4. 2009 expectations. I'm not a big fan of resolutions. I've never been able to keep them and then I let myself down. I don't like that feeling so I quit making them years ago. What I do like to do is make a list of things I would like to see take place this year. Changes that I feel I need to make in myself, budgeting ideas, household organizing or redecorating, even to the point of would I like to read more (Mommy time... wow! Now there is a new concept!). LOL ummm would that make these resolutions, yeah I suppose so but I REFUSE TO GIVE IN AND CALL THEM THAT!
Regarding budgeting and shopping for the coming year these are a few things I would like to see myself achieve.
a. Keep better track of receipts
b. Monthly out of pocket spending and saving
c. Utilize an even smaller budget than 2008
d. Staying caught up with the families personal coupons, clipping, expiring

What are some things you would like to see take place in your life this year?

Well it's time for me to move on to the next portion of my day. We still have more family coming over so more Christmas to celebrate. We are truly blessed to have such a large family and to have so much to share!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

1 comment: